Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Prepping For Frugal Living

In preparation for post-graduate life, I'm preparing for all these new post-college expenses.

For the record, I did have some different expenses than most college graduates. I lived off-campus and didn't have a meal plan and I also didn't have text book expenses because...my classes didn't have text books.

But let's a do a comparison

College Car-less City Life Graduate Car-necessary City Life
Rent Rent
Utilities (Electric, Cable, Heat) Utilities (Electric, Cable, Water, Trash)
Groceries Groceries
Metro Cards Car ( plus gas and insurance)
Health Insurance Health Insurance
Cell Phone Blackberry
Gym (free in college)

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. But basically, I've been researching living frugally. Researching apartments and then checking to see how close they are to Trader Joes, CostCo, Walmart and Target.

But in my adventures I've discovered some new blogs (which I've added to my sidebar)

Fabulous and Frugal

The Frugal Diva

Check them both out for general and LA-specific spending tips.

Next Time: How I saved my spending money the last semester of college and a job hunt update.

0 comments:

Post a Comment