Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start

I'm back! After a 10 day vacation, I'm back at the desk and ready to rumble in sunny (but cold) LA. I have yet to write up my New Year's resolutions post but most are pretty typical. How have I been doing thus far?

I have somehow managed to fight off jetlag thus far and return to the USA with energy. As a result, my first goal to get up early to work out has started off on the right foot.

I set my alarm for 6:30 but woke up naturally around 5:55am for a run. But I had to wait to go because it was still dark out. What?

In my spare 30 minutes I sorted through the two months of bills laying on top of my filing box. Yes I paid all of them on time, they just needed to be filed. All done in 20 minutes! Then I headed out for my run. It was little cold and I started too fast but I made it through 2 miles.

My other goal is to pack more lunches again--I prepped a salad with beets, corn and chicken the night before so I just grabbed that and was ready to go. Unfortunately, I still snuck over to the cafeteria for 99 cent curly fries. BAD me!

Halfway through the day and I'm doing okay! Tomorrow I'm hoping to make it to the gym at 5:30am and hoping to hear good news from my landlord (might be adopting a dog, still number crunching).

0 comments:

Post a Comment